10 Sound Reasons Why Moringa Is Fundamental In Daily Diets
Moringa dubbed as the ”MIRACLE LEAVES” can be found in the native part of Africa and Asia, it contains a natural multi-vitamin with 13 essential vitamins and minerals and recommended by Medical professionals for daily consumption for adults, it contains nearly 25% protein and high in antioxidants, contributing to all-round health and wellbeing.Moringa also contains 13 species from tropical and subtropical climates that range in size from tiny herbs to massive trees and its species grows rapidly in many types of environments.A 100-g portion of fresh moringa leaves has 9.3 g protein, 434 mg calcium, 404 mg potassium, 738 μg vitamin A, and 164 mg vitamin C.Below are 10 vital reasons why Moringa is essential for daily usage.
1. Energy releaseMoringa is an excellent source of vitamin B6, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, riboflavin (B2) and a source of thiamine (B1) and niacin (B3), all essential vitamins and minerals that contribute to normal energy-yielding metabolism.2. Healthy, radiant skinMoringa is rich in anti-oxidants and skin-loving vitamins A, E, riboflavin (B2), niacin (B3) as well as zinc, promoting healthy, radiant skin.Moringa also contains almost 25% protein including all nine essential amino acids, which help support the building blocks of proteins required for optimum growth, repair and maintenance of healthy skin cells.Moringa is also an excellent source of phosphorus, which contributes to the essential functioning of the skin, including the ability to self-repair cells that are damaged by external aggressions.
3. Anti-ageingMoringa also has an exceptional antioxidant profile, with six times the antioxidant content of goji berries and more antioxidants than green tea, blueberries, acai and pomegranates.The antioxidants, vitamin E, riboflavin and zinc in moringa contribute to the protection of cells from oxidative stress to help battle against ageing.4. Strong, healthy immune systemLiving fast, busy lives is part of modern life, but it can often leave us feeling run down.Moringa is an excellent source of vitamins A and B6, and a source of iron and zinc – all of which contribute to the normal functioning of the immune system.
5. Reduction of tiredness and fatigueMoringa is especially high in vitamin A (325% RDA per 100g) and iron (468% RDA per 100g) which support the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.Vitamin A is needed for normal production of red blood cells and iron contributes to normal formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin, the substance in red blood cells that transports oxygen around the body.If you don’t have enough iron, your body has to work harder to get the energy it needs, which can leave you feeling tired. The high iron content also makes moringa ideal for vegans, vegetarians, fighting fatigue and iron-deficiencies6. Growth and maintenance of muscle massRegular exercise is an important part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle and we need to make sure that we give our bodies the right nutrients to both prepare and recover.Moringa is an excellent source of calcium, magnesium, potassium and zinc. It is also high in fibre and almost 25% plant protein.Calcium, magnesium and potassium contribute to normal muscle function and protein contributes to growth in muscle mass.
7. Anti-stressMoringa is an excellent source of vitamin B6, magnesium and potassium and a source of niathin (B3) and thiamin (B1) – essential nutrients that contribute to the normal functioning of the nervous system.8. Healthy nails and hairMoringa is a source of zinc which contributes to the maintenance of normal nails and hair.
9. DetoxifyingOur modern day, fast paced, often unhealthy lifestyles place a huge strain on our body, both mentally and physically.Detoxification is a natural process which allows the body to eliminate environmental and dietary toxins, ensuring that our systems are cleansed, re-energised and able to function at our optimum state.Moringa is an excellent source of 13 essential vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B6, which help to repair damage and heal the body. A high concentration of minerals helps to speed up the detoxification process by producing energy.Moringa is high in fibre, which is good for digestive health and helps to promote healthy bacteria in the gut, essential during a cleanse. Vitamin B6 helps the liver to detoxify, which in turn eliminates many environmental toxins.10. Normal blood pressureHigh blood pressure is not usually something you can feel or notice, but according to the NHS, up to 30% of people in England have it.It’s a condition that is often caused by lifestyle factors and can increase your risk of a heart attack or stroke.Moringa is an excellent source of riboflavin (B2), vitamin B6, potassium, vitamin K, calcium and iron. Riboflavin and vitamin B6 contribute to the formation and maintenance of normal red blood cells; potassium contributes to the maintenance of normal blood pressure; vitamin K and calcium contribute to normal blood clotting and iron contributes to normal oxygen transport in the body.